There are some things that DIYers can successful do without risk and they CAN save money in the process. Pest control is NOT something that a DIYer should attempt. There are numerous reasons why you should leave pest control to the professionals.
Here are some of them:
- You are not professionally trained or certified to work with pest control methods
- Treatments can be dangerous
- Misidentification of the pest
- The wrong treatment can increase the number of infestations instead of eliminate or reduce
- Waste money and time
- Usage of wrong methods and chemicals
- No monitoring or reporting
- Not getting to the root source or problem
- Higher chance of pest recurrence
- Lack of product knowledge
- Health and safety risks – risk of pesticide poisoning for you and your family
- Respiratory issues while spraying
- Over-the-counter vs professional grade treatments
- Venomous insects that could seriously hurt you
- Chemical burns
- Unpredictable animal behavior
- Scattering the insects
- Not looking in or treating the correct areas
- House fires if you are using space heater or torch to get rid of pests
When you hire a professional, want their experience and knowledge to get the job done correctly. They are trained specifically for pest control.
If you see any signs of pests, make sure you let a professional pest control company handle it for you?
Houseman is the only complete service company in the Athens, GA area. We provide Weed control, fertilization, shrub care, mulch & pine straw, sod, annual plantings, irrigation, and commercial & residential lawn maintenance. We are also state certified and licensed in wood destroying organisms (termite control), household pest control, public heath, and turf & ornamental weed control. We are licensed to control and treat mosquitoes, termites, all pest problems and turf & ornamental weed control. Contact the professionals at Houseman Services and set up a free inspection of your yard. We have been servicing homes and businesses in the Athens, Clarke County area since 1985!